home > membership info >
What are the benefits of beeing a member of The European Chitin Society?
As a member of The European Chitin Society you will:
- recieve, at no extra cost, two issues per year of the Society's newsletter or free access to the members Internet page, containing information on relevant scientific meetings, abstracts of chitin-related publications, short reviews, letters, and other information likely to be of interest for chitin research workers;
- receive reduced registration fees for conferences organized by the Society,
- recieve announcements of new European Community research programmes and, if re-quested, help in finding partners for joint research projects;
- be eligible for the award of the Braconnot prize for outstanding research in the field of chitin.
What classes of memberships are there and what does each cost?
The annual membership fee is due in Euro only. Annual membership is always from January 1st - December 31st each year and the annual fee for the complete year is due regardless of the day of entry.
- Active member: a national of any European state who is qualified by their interest and competence in the field of chitin: EURO 35.-.
- Associate member: any person qualified by their interest and competence in the field of chitin but who is not a national of a European state: EURO 30.-.
- Student member (either Active or Associate depending on nationality): on providing proof of student status and for two years after completing academic education: EURO 16.-.
- Collective member: societies, companies or other organisations in Europe: EURO 180.-.
- Donor member (not open to students): single payment of 10 times the regular annual fee. This guarantees lifetime membership to Actives and Accosciates, and 15 years membership to Collective members.
Are you interested in The European Chitin Society?
Please fill out the form below and transfer the membership fee with using one of the options: