home > travel awards >
Travel Awards for EUCHIS Conferences
Deadline for application for year 2013: February 22
The European Chitin Society will provide a limited number of travel awards for attendance at the EUCHIS-meetings. Depending on the number of applicants selected and the funds available, awards may cover travel (economy return air, rail fare or car fuel costs), conference registration, and in some cases accommodation.
- Be a graduate student (MSc, PhD) or junior scientist (i.e. medical resident, postdoctoral, etc). age below 35 years
- Be an EUCHIS member in good standing (subscription paid).
- Make a contribution (oral or poster) to the conference.
- Have no other source of funds for this purpose, including supervisor's or University funding. If funds from elsewhere are subsequently obtained, EUCHIS should be informed immediately and the application for EUCHIS funding withdrawn, or the EUCHIS award declined/returned if already made, so that another applicant can be funded.
The deadline for applications is five weeks before the deadline for conference registration. Please send an informal letter of application by e-mail to:
Prof. Dr. Sevda Senel
- Proof of status (usually a short statement from the supervisor or Head of Department), including the date or expected date of completion of MSc, PhD or Medical Qualification.
- Evidence of non-availability of other funds (usually part of the statement from the supervisor or Head of Department). Please state if other applications for funding are being made.
- Submitted abstract of the oral or poster contribution.
- Estimates of the costs of travel, accommodation and conference registration.
- Some indication of the contribution the applicant intends making to the conference
- Applicant's full address, phone and fax numbers, and e-mail address.
The total amount to be allocated for the travel grants will be determined every two years by the board depending on the funds available. Decisions will be made by the Travel Awards Committee on a competitive basis, unless all applicants can be funded. Applicants will be notified of the outcome by the Chair of the Committee by e-mail, no later than two weeks before the early registration deadline. The award will be paid after all relevant receipts including the original air or train tickets, receipt for the registration fee etc. are submitted to the treasurer.
Travel awards for EUCHIS 13, Porto Portugal
Five travel awards will be granted for EUCHIS'13.
The maximum amount of each travel award will be Euro 500.
Deadline for submission February 22, 2013